Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You'll find this insensitive

But regardless: you know the homeless guy who lives(?) in Astoria, and can usually be found in the eastern blocks of Broadway off the NW stop? (Flannel pants not dissimilar to the pair I sleep in, brown coat, red eyes?)

Well, I see him pacing back and forth his four-block stretch once or twice daily, and he seems very sane albeit sad and smelly. But all I can think when I see him is not "he must be cold" "he must be hungry" "he must be...hmm, I don't know, homeless." Instead, I think, "wow. he must be bored."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Marie said...

Not insenstive, in fact more sensitive

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Ditto to what Amy said.

There was a similar homeless man in a wheelchair that always resided outside the Caroll Street subway stop. A lot of the locals would stop and chat with him and he seemed very friendly. Still, I often wondered how some of these citizens could contain their outrage. Why is this nice guy in a wheelchair sleeping out in the street when it's fucking 20 degrees out?

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home